A power transformer is a kind of coil wrapped electromagnet static electrical device which is used basically to transfer electrical energy between circuits (two or more). The electrical energy is basically transferred between the generator and the primary set circuits.
Mainly, there are two types of transformers taken into use. These two types are step up and step-down transformers. The step up and step-down transformers depends upon the number of turns of winding (primary or secondary).
As we know, transformers emit voltage of quite high power. In such a case, it is essential to maintain and keep it in good condition. Today, in this article, we are going to discuss some of the Do’s & Don’ts you must know. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s get started:
Do’s related to power transformer maintenance:
• Make sure the power transformer does not consist of any unsuitable or broken power cords or cables, burning smell and extra or loose part before installing it up.
• In order to prevent the loose part of transformer from falling, such as nuts, bolts, tools, wires, it is vital to put some extra care into it.
• To make sure that the transformer is operating in the right way, it is crucial to examine it on a frequent basis.
• You must be aware of system overloading. To prevent it, it is important for you to use multiple transformers instead of one to avoid the situation of system overloading.
Don’ts related to power transformer maintenance:
• Never ever keep your power transformers in wet, moisture containing area. Make sure to keep it in a dry area.
• Do not ignore the minor problems associated with the transformer. If you witness any of the irregularities/ minor blocks with your power transformer, take time to inspect and do it correctly as soon as possible.
• While working with it, make sure it is switched off. Never work with the transformer while it is on the operation. It will prevent the risks associated with electrical leakage.
• Always make use of electrical protection equipment while working with the transformer.
Time to sum up:
Hence, these were some of the Do’s & Don’ts you must know about the transformers. I hope you enjoyed reading it.
If you are looking to buy Dry Transformer, then Shandong JG Electrical Tech, located in Dongying the central city of Yellow River Delta is your best spot to pick. We are a professional manufacturer of power transformers, distribution transformers, HV & LV switchgear cabinets, and compact substations. You can visit our website https://www.jg-transformer.com/ to know more. Call us right away!